Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello and thanks in advance.I been having issues.when powering multiple things up on my car.On rainy days If I power up my wipers plus my heater or my ipod through the cigarette lighter.Plus my defrost.My cars lights would dim or the time or the display would look dim also.And if I'm idling the car can sometimes cut off.Anyways after thinking it was a short.I checked the positive battery cable and the connection is bad.It already has a repair kit attached to cable.I tried finding a new one or aftermarket one.Advance said they didn't have one.I called the Kia dealership and they said I would need to buy the whole wiring kit.They said it would cost 400 dollars.Anyways If anyone could help me.I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks
Frank:D

·
Registered
1996 Kia Sephia GS
120 Posts
Do you have a picture of whats wrong? I cant be sure it seems like your saying the connection to the battery is what is bad?

When I got my Sephia someone had boogered the connectors so bad it was not making a good connection, they werent round but more a bent square oval shape (car would die over big bumps) I got an after market one where you just clip the cable below the problem area, secure the cable inside of a sleeve and attach the new connector. (it comes with about a foot of extra cable) Was this what your looking for? I had to go to about 6 stores to find it, ended up finding it at a mom and pop store. (autozone, napa, oreilys none of them had this in their stores)

4 gauge black universal OE top post replacement battery cable splice with 2 leads
for fast convenient replaces corroded portion, not the entire cable
Ideal for automotive, truck, farm, and industrial applications
color-coded leads (red and yellow)

C-NECTS 4 Gauge Top Post Terminal Battery Cable Splice W/ 2 Leads M02040001 1pc - Newegg.com

if you google, "Top Post Terminal Battery Cable Splice"

Seems like its what your looking for. The one I have is similar to the one I posted a link to, it works great. Car audio stores probably would carry this if you dont want to order online.

You can also go the cheaper route and replace the whole cable to where you bolt it.
(images in the link)
http://www.1aauto.com/1A/battery-cable

Or maybe I misunderstood what your looking for completely :p

·
Registered
Cerato S Hatch Auto
1,236 Posts
The battery connectors can get worn or broken, so it's usual to just replace the clamps, and maybe the main cable back as far as you can trace it. You won't need a full kit for $400. Don't forget to have a look at the earth cable as well.

I don't think there's anough drain with an iPod to have any effect. Possible problem with lighter connector?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts