Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, all. I'm trying to remove the blower motor, but I can't actually pull it out. It's hitting into the front of the floor as I try to drop it out. The repair manual says nothing about taking anything else out. Has anyone taken theirs out before? Was it a pain?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2001 Kia Sephia
2 Posts
Hi, all. I'm trying to remove the blower motor, but I can't actually pull it out. It's hitting into the front of the floor as I try to drop it out. The repair manual says nothing about taking anything else out. Has anyone taken theirs out before? Was it a pain?

Thanks!
I know this is an old thread but wondering what you ended up doing to get it out?

·
Registered
1985 Subaru Loyale (wagon), 2000 Kia Sephia (sedan), and 1969 Mercury Comet (coupé)
2,858 Posts
I removed the GloveBox and rotated the motor to gain easyness.

·
Registered
2000 Kia Sephia 1.8L
6 Posts
I also popped off the glove box and was easy to remove a few years ago . A common failure is the fuze box blower motor power pin burns out, usually not the motor itself . If you are having problems with it not turning on, there is a very good chance the problem is in the fuze box . Loyale has an excellent write up on how he made a relay for it .

·
Registered
2001 Kia Sephia
2 Posts
I did mine over the weekend and removed the glove box for easier access. Although there was nothing easy about it. It was a pain to get out and a pain to put back in. Thanks for the tip on removing the glove box.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts