Kia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so here's my issue. Ran my car threw the wash. After a few miles. Started missing. Figured somethin got wet. Let it dry over night. Well no luck following morning. Drove into my shop to check codes. Only a tcm code and p0301. Now I was a tech at KIA just recently to move on. I did the normal checks. Changed ckp and crank sensor. The coil is new, plug wires new, had a good ecu back up, also old coil was good. I did the standard disconnect of the battery and held the pos n neg together to reset. Now it wont even fire. Have 9v as required to the coil. But no spark from either coil. Have fuel pressure. Checked fuses and test sensors for correct supply to said sensors. Also when attempting plug in the scanner. It doesn't even connect unless turning over. Then nothing. What the hell am I missing? Is there a relay or security trigger I cant find? This car is just above base. It's an A/T. Lol. It drove in and after touching the battery cables that were not even connected to the battery. Nothing.

·
Registered
2002 Kia Rio, 2011 Kia Sorento 2005 f 250 1996 geo metro 1992 f 150
1,023 Posts
Are you sure the ecu fuse is ok. When you said you can only connect to the obd2 when cranking, that's the only thing that comes to mind right now. Good luck with it and keep us informed. I never heard of shorting the battery wires together when disconnected from the battery i would not think that is not a good thing to do because the ecm is a computer module you need to let the capacitors discharge normally but who's to no. Good luck with it, i'm just trying to help. Reguard's ronjohn

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
With touching the cables together. It forces the ecu to sleep and rest. What its lookin like is when I pulled the pos cable up. I may of stretched a wire or broke one. No spark or injector pulse. So something up to the ecu. I still get a hook up at my old shop. But still $400 for the harness is still steep! Lol What sucks the most is that I was a KIA tech....and its beating me!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts