Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been having this problem for a while now and can't seem to find a solution. When I try to put gas in my car, the gas nozzle won't stick - have to jiggle the little latch to slowly pump the gas. Takes forever to gas my car. :( We've tried a new solenoid valve and will try replacing the Vent Canister as well as Canister Valve but having a hard time finding the right one - so far the one we ordered was the wrong one. Heading back to Napa to return it. Does anyone know if after replacing these two parts if my problem will be solved? Thanks for any feedback or suggestions.

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
Greetings,

It may solve it, but if inspecting / cleaning filter and making sure lines are clear doesn't solve it, then recommend checking the charcoal canister: if it has failed then you will want to replace it ..

Note that depending on country, Sporty's have different EVAP system setups, e.g. US charcoal canister is in front under hood, vs. in back @ the fuel tank..

These threads:

http://www.kia-forums.com/1g-1994-2002-sportage/78339-2002-sportage-fuel-spills-out-unless.html

http://www.kia-forums.com/1g-1994-2002-sportage/38176-fuel-filling-problem-2.html

may be helpful to you.

Regards,
GottaCruise

·
Registered
22 Posts
Check the filler vent. It is either a smaller diameter line beside the main fill hose. Or it is actually inside the fill hose. If it is outside take it off and blow compressed air through it. If it is the main hose you will have to remove it from the car take a flashlight find the inner vent and blow air or run a stiff wire up through it. You may have to replace it as ethanol gas can cause the vent lines to disolve and plug or just collapse.

·
Premium Member
96 4 DOOR 4WD SPORTAGE, 2014 Hyundai Elantra GT, 2015 Accent Hatchback Sport
651 Posts
Or it could be the valve in the fill tube just before the gas tank is stuck.
UPYOURKIA

1 - 5 of 5 Posts