Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi there, okay I just brought a 2001 Kia Sportage EX with only 96,000 km's, although it was used to remove snow.

I have a few questions:

* My dad put the vehicle in 4 low without telling me and I proceeded to drive it at highway speeds (70-80 km's and RPM's very high like 5000 - 6500) without putting it into 4 high for around 15 minutes, the vehicle still drives and sounds okay but what would you check or replace after this kind of situation?

* Also I want to change the dome light in the vehicle how would you take the cover off just pry it off with something?

* In addition I want to install new speakers in the vehicle, how do you remove the two front door panels without breaking any clips or anything?

* There is also a lot of play in the steering wheel when driving, if your driving down a straight road the steering wheel will not be straight it will be turned about 2 inches over to keep it going straight, what do you think the problem for this may be and what would you suggest getting checked/replaced?

* Also would you be able to put LED lights in the taillight bulbs instead of the incandescent bulbs and the same with the headlights or will that mess up fusses?

So I have five (5) questions in total and if anyone could answer any of these preferably in detail that would be fantastic, thank you! :)

·
Premium Member
96 4 DOOR 4WD SPORTAGE, 2014 Hyundai Elantra GT, 2015 Accent Hatchback Sport
651 Posts
You will have to replace the flasher with one compatible with led's if you do the led's in the turn signal lights.
I'm running HID's in the headlights and it was a plug and play because they have their own wiring harness.
As far as the play in the steering, I would take it to a trusted alignment shop and have them evaluate the steering components. What you have sounds excessive.
UPYOURKIA

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So any kind of compatible LED's will work for turn signals in a Kia Sportage? Will a fuse blow or anything else if I replace them with LED's?

Also what HID's are you running?
And by plug and play you mean no need to do any adjustments right?

I will totally get the steering checked out I hate when there is play.

Thank you!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts