Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I myself do not have a Kia, but my girlfriend just picked up a 2001 Kia Rio with an automatic transmission. The car has around 45k miles on it, so I figured it is about time to change the plugs :D

What do you guys recommend running on her car, platinum or copper, and also, what is the correct gap supposed to be?

thanks in advance :D

·
Registered
97 Posts
the gap is listed in the manual, mine states the gap should be

0.028 - 0.032 in (0.7 - 0.8 mm) with type NGK BKR6E

If I had realized how easy it was to change the plugs in this, I would have done it myself with platinums. Since I didn't have time, I just took it to the dealer. Would have saved myself $87........

Any way, good luck!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Originally posted by gregmondro@Jul 26 2005, 11:05 AM
Hi guys, I myself do not have a Kia, but my girlfriend just picked up a 2001 Kia Rio with an automatic transmission. The car has around 45k miles on it, so I figured it is about time to change the plugs :D

What do you guys recommend running on her car, platinum or copper, and also, what is the correct gap supposed to be?

thanks in advance :D
your not going to be boosting or squeezing so i say say money and use oem replacements. if not i would say to use Iridium plug by denso(thats what we have in our turbo charged rio). But the plugs cost about 12 dollars each.

so i would recommend these
http://sparkplugs.com/more_info.asp?AAIA=1373745&pid=3219

1 - 3 of 3 Posts