Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2001 kia rio
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
he all, i cant seem to find anything on the steps and specs for torquing down the head on a 2001 kia rio 1.5l. was hoping someone could post a link?
thanks

·
Registered
2004 kia rio
25 Posts
ok link didn't work..

apply oil to the threads and base of the bolts
make sure all pistons are positioned in the middle of the head before installing and torqueing to prevent bending the valves.
be sure to install them in order from inside outward and since I cant show you the link you need to look up the sequence
torque down 36.1ftlbs THEN LOOSEN in reverse sequnce
Now tighten again in sequence and torque to 18ftlb
be sure the mark each bolt after torqueing for rotation reference and now rotate each bolt from the marking you made a 90 degree turn (1/4 turn) in sequence and your done.

caution:
Do not rotate assembly without timing belt
no.7 and n0.8 bolts are shorter then the rest of the head bolts be sure they go in the correct spots
do not reuse these headbolts.

NOTE:my other fsm says for me to put sealant on the headgasket,some spray copper spray type gasket sealer and since the fsm says to add sealer you should probably do so but know I didn't add sealer to the mls headgasket and engine is perfect and motor runs like a champ.Im past the breakin period and engine is like brand new from complete rebuild so any questions feel free to ask.Ill keep trying to post the fsm link

·
Registered
2004 kia rio
25 Posts
free workshop well unfortunitlly I can only give you a link too a worshop manual but the good news is it will have info you need the bad news is you will have to search page by page and closing pop ups each time.This is the headache with free manuals I guess..If you have a email I can send you a copy of my generic repair manual,Unfortunitlly I managed to accidently delete my awesome fsm and don't remember where I got it from.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts