Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could someone help me out with the installation of a fuel filter for the 2001 kia rio. I would need the steps needed to complete this. thanks much

·
Registered
5 Posts
Fuel filter is located under car, under neath the driver side back seat. Pretty simple job. Hoses were a little difficult to disconnect and reconnect. Make sure you do not have the key in the ignition so the fuel pump will not be turned on. Did that one time on my blazer. Was trying to listen to radio at the same time. Took the line off and fuel squirted everywhere! Felt like a real ****.

·
Registered
5 Posts
On my 2001 kia rio the fuel filter is located and mounted under the back side of the car in between the indent of the temporary tire spare and car uniframe. I've checked out all those spaces it is not in the following spaces. Not the engine compartment, not the wheel wells, not behind the driver seat, not above the glove compartment, not in the fuel filter. How to change the filter is my next quest. To check your real fuel filter location, grab a flashlight, get on your back and check under your fake tire. cheers to more helpful and those will help me to change that filter... The fuel pump diaries may be soon...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts