Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a serious electrical problem that only occurs when the either the car is left in the sun, or the engine is warmed up. If the car is stopped, it is very difficult to re-start. All that you get is the deadly "click" that you get when you have a flat battery.

The only solution to this problem is to alter various aspects before starting the car again. You may be able to start the car if you place it in Neutral before turning the key. Next time, you will need to have the park-break off. Next time, driver's door open. Next time, central locking on. The list goes on.

I am hoping that someone has experienced this before, or at least will provide some guidance to the possible solution.

The Carnival is a great car. It is very comfortable for long hauls, generously spacious with the central aisle, and enough grunt to get you there in time but without breaking the sound barrier. But, I fear that if we cannot identify and fix the problem then we will be forced to sell the car, is it is too unreliable for the wife and kids to be driving around in.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Hello Chris,

I assume your car is automatic.

Do you have a aftermarket alarm, ( not horn ), fitted, if so disconect.

Not withstanding a short circuit, I don't think it's serious, more unreliable and perhasps exspensive to fix, not DIY.

It's either one of the solenoid valves, an ECM or TCM malfuction or the Transaxle
range switch, if I had to choose one I'd go for the range switch.

It doesn't matter if you don't understand the above, its a Kia fix.
Seacam

1 - 3 of 3 Posts