Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the first time I am sending you a message. I am a new member of this forum.

During our vacation, the light for the airbag started flashing = 1 long and six short flashes.

Could this be a special code for the airbag. I have the CD of Mitchell for technical information but there is no reference for the code or repair of the airbag light. All I have found is the System Wiring Diagram.

Please advise if you have any info on the procedure for repair of the airbag code and all other diagnostic codes relating to the airbag and their interpretation.

Thank you.

MECANO

·
Registered
349 Posts
A Kia Pro Scan Tool is required to service the airbag system plus reset the ADU (Airbag Diagnostic Unit) when repairs are complete. There is no other way to reset the system. Even disconnecting the battery won't reset it.

Unfortunately only dealers have this pro scan tool. An off the shelf OBD-II scan tool won't work. You have no choice other than to schedule an appointment with a Kia Dealer and have it serviced. And note that when the airbag system detects a fault it is SHUT DOWN. So the airbags won't deploy if you have an accident.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank, axe man for your answer. I expec to repair myself the air bag problem
but now i know i can't fix it. I can doo almost every things but when expensive special tools is needed i know i have to go to the dealer. And i will not attempt to do it myself without proper qnowledge. Since i do not want to have a big ballon blowup in my face.

Thanks again AXE MAN

MECANO

1 - 3 of 3 Posts