Kia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 2000Sportage. The drivers side front and rear windows free fall. I had to stick carboard in along window rubber to keep them up. Do I need to replace the regulators or are they maybe repairable? I had the front door panel off and the window is intact with the regulator from what I can tell.

·
Registered
Caribou, Otter, Buffalo
2,694 Posts
Does the regulator spin when the window falls??

Also, are the windows manual or electric?? .... Philip

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The windows are electric power windows. I can operate the button on the front window and you can hear the motor but it does nothing to the window. That is why i thought maybe it is the cable that runs it.

·
Registered
Caribou, Otter, Buffalo
2,694 Posts
The windows are electric power windows. I can operate the button on the front window and you can hear the motor but it does nothing to the window. That is why i thought maybe it is the cable that runs it.
That is exactly the conclusion that I arrived at.. Philip

·
Registered
00 Sportage 4wd, 00 Sportage EX 4wd, 02 Sportage 2wd
175 Posts
The regulators are not the most robust design. They are very easy to replace, though. When looking for replacements, there was a design change (don't know the details of it) in the 2000 MY, so you will have to check the manufacture date. I have had to change both my front window regulator assemblies because they just wore out. There really isn't a way to fix them.

On a different note, I have never heard of a Sportage with manual windows???

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I am going to take drivers window regulator out this week and see if I can troubleshoot the problem. If I can't fix it then it will be to look for other regulators. I can't really see what is wrong with it in the door.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Took the drivers front door apart. Pulled the regulator out of the door and found the cables that drive the window are broken. Ordered a new regulator. Thank You for all the responses.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts