Kia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Rio
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys im pulling my hair out. Im getting p0134 p0135 p0141 I tested the o2 sensors with ohm meter they tested good I changed them out with otjers I had that I knew were good I tested them too still code comes back with in 30 miles. I changed ecm today same codes came back what else could be seting off these codes is tjere a procedure to test the wiring harness plug with multi meter

·
Registered
65 Posts
elated Items

Front O2 Sen fuse blown or missing

Open between Front O2 Sensor and ECM (C211 terminals 11 or 12).

Faulty Front O2 Sensor.

·
Registered
65 Posts
You either have a blown O2 fuse or damaged wire. I have the same issue on my infiniti G35. I replaced upstream and downstream O2s. 3 of the 4 codes went away. I kept getting heater circuit code. Found out that the power wire on the engine harness side was mispinned after a repair of the connector. So either the fuse is bad or your power wire has a break in it somewhere.

·
Registered
2000 Sportage 4x4 , 1998 Saturn SC2
65 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Rio
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks guy by this info have been able to determin that thia sportage had 1 wrong o2 sensor it had 2 same sensors with the heater control on the same side of the plug when they are supposed to be on opposite sides also they had the front sensor pluged into the rear. And the ones on the car were at 3.4 and the ones I had were at 4.5 with in spec thanks so much for you help now time to put some miles and pray light stays off will report back with results

·
Registered
2004 Rio
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well light came back on with cides P0131 P0135 P0141 a d P0137.I got power to the red and green and blue and green wires on the harness using volt meter on ohms I get a reading of 4.5 on the heater pins from the o2 sensor. Dont know where to look next

·
Registered
2004 Rio
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Could also be a bad fuel pump relay as that grounds the circuit to the O2 sensors.
Well put new o2's new ecm got power at both plugs fir the o2's still got heater controll codes guess I will try this simple suggestion that I should have tried first. Are you sure the ground for the o2 sensors goes through the fuel pump relay

·
Registered
2004 Rio
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Update Problem solved didnt think in a million years it would be this but it was the fuel pump relay. But I must say this dont buy a fuel pump relay from advance its not the right one I put a new relay from advance auto and codes came right back got a kia relay no more codes Thanks for all the help and advice this sith is full of great people.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts