Kia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Kia Sportage EX 4x4 auto
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey thanks for taking the time to view my post and possibly help. I have a 2000 Sportage EX kinda like it but it has had a few problems since I bought it. Bought it in 2003 with 38000 miles on it now has 84000.Since I have had it when it is cold the transmission wont shift out of 2nd or 3rd gear until the temperature gauge hits the quarter mark this is an everyday thing dealer said it was normal and charged me $69 to tell me that (they lied to me I think never seen any other car do that before) when going up a hill it has very little power and if its a steep hill wont go over about 20 miles an hour. Coming home from Kings Island today the check engine light came on and the HOLD light started blinking. Car would boog down very badly if tried to accelerate to fast no power uphill still but worse .Checked the codes with my OBD II code reader and got P 1121 P 1115 P 1624 P 0122 P 1309 P 0101. Any thoughts on what the problem may be ? On anything? Where should I start? Hate to take it to the dealer they are about an hour drive away. Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I got a '95 Kia Sportage that has the same gear-stuck problem when the car is cold. I have to warm up the car for a few minutes during cold weather to avoid the problem. As for the codes, enclosed is a brief explanation of each. I found the info at http://www.kiatechinfo.com. Good luck.

- DC.

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts