Kia Forum banner

2000 Sportage Fuel Gauge And Warning Lite

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  dohsky 
#1 ·
Greetings all from ontario canada and I thank you for inviting me aboard , with 2 older model cars in my drive way...you'll probably get sick of seeing me ! .
INFORMATION FOR YOU-------------
2000 sportage , 72,000 klm's , perfect condition and shape . HOWever......aprox. 5 weeks ago I hit a deer with it at about 60 klm . Damage was passenger front fender , grill , rad , air cond.condeser , fan , whole lighting assembly and hood . All back together now and running fine .
QUESTION FOR YOU.....................
The gas gauge was showing empty ( tank was full ) and the dash warning light stays on . After driving the truck 20-30 k the gauge is moving up slowly ( half full now ) but light still on . Because the truck sat for awhile , is it possible the gas level indicator mechanizim in the tank has seized , jammed , gummed up ? . may it work itself free ? ( seems to be ) . Although I DID NOT notice this problem right after the accident could it some-how be related ?..I don't think so since all fuel proponents travel to the back of the truck . There you have my situation fellas...
ideas ?....other then any **rat with antler** jokes will be appreciated........
cheers.............The deer hunter ( Larry )

See less See more
Discussion starter · #4 ·
thanks fokion and fastkia for the * ground check * advice !......never thought of something so simple as that , could also explain why the cruise control is working off and on ...... now.............where is that ground wire ???? LOLOL........
thanx again and take care guys..............bill

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.