Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To Anyone:
My Engine runs very Rough on Acceleratiuon , I took it to the Dealer in Greer S.C and they told me I needed an Intake Gasket, timing belt and 60K tune-up 950$, I took the car and did the work myself, 75$ later, NO Change! I took it to Advance Auto and they told me I had misfiring going on, According to there Computer anylzer,codes PO302 CYL2 MISFIRE, PO300 RANDOM/MULTIPLE CYLINDER MISFIRE, PO304 CYLINDER 4 MISFIRE, DTC PENDING CODES, NO FAULTS DETECTED, I'VE LOOKED FOR Manuals or CD's on this car with no luck.
Pat

'

·
Premium Member
2015 Buick Verano "Leather Group", 2015 Kia Optima Hybrid
6,117 Posts
Originally posted by Pat Roberson@Jan 1 2005, 09:00 PM
To Anyone:
My Engine runs very Rough on Acceleratiuon , I took it to the Dealer in Greer S.C and they told me I needed an Intake Gasket, timing belt and 60K tune-up 950$, I took the car and did the work myself, 75$ later, NO Change! I took it to Advance Auto and they told me I had misfiring going on, According to there Computer anylzer,codes PO302 CYL2 MISFIRE, PO300 RANDOM/MULTIPLE CYLINDER MISFIRE, PO304 CYLINDER 4 MISFIRE, DTC PENDING CODES, NO FAULTS DETECTED, I'VE LOOKED FOR Manuals or CD's on this car with no luck.
Pat
'

change the plugs and wires. that will get rid of the misfires.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
349 Posts
I would agree that changing the plugs and plug wires is the first step. But if you find oil on any of the plug wires or the coils then the valve cover gasket is leaking which can also cause the misfire. If a coil gets saturated with oil it should be replaced too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts