Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lo all,

I've got a 2000 Kia Sephia that I'm having some trouble with. It overheated and now won't start. We had to replace the water pump and have made sure that the timing is correct, but it still won't start. The engine does turn over, but it doesn't seem like it's firing. I really need some suggestions on what to take a look at next. I appreciate any and all help

Thanks.

Ender

·
Registered
138 Posts
Do you have spark, the distributor rotating; I assume you have, since you say you checked timing. How about fuel, is it pouring? Now if everything else is OK maybe you should check the cylinder compressions.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Iagree a compression test would be in order. Do you have spark? Are your ionjectors putting out fuel. Does the engine turn over fast enough to start? Something might be warped. Or it could be something simple. Work at it.

·
Registered
107 Posts
a 2000Kia does NOT have a distributor, it is a DIS ignition system, it uses coil packs. Check the plugs to see if they are getting any spark. Also check your airfilter, and try resetting your ECU. I think you might want to get this one looked at.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts