Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car sat for a couple weeks and wouldn't run so I gave it a tune up and it runs good now, but the tranny is acting up now.

I had to lube the linkage because it was hard to shift

Now when I shift into drive sometimes it'll do nothing, just rev, won't engage. Reverse and 1, 2 all work fine. If I go back up to reverse then to drive it'll kick in.

While driving it'll shift fine until the 2nd to 3rd shift I think, it just revs and I need to let off the gas for it to engage into 3rd. If I have super low rpms at the time it will shift right in but it feels a tiny bit clunky when it does.

Anyone have any ideas for me?

·
Premium Member
2015 Buick Verano "Leather Group", 2015 Kia Optima Hybrid
6,117 Posts
Another Sephia tranny bites the dust. Weakest part of these cars... Time for a rebuild or replace. Or it "Might" give you sometime to flush, replace the ATF and filter.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the same issue 2001 sephia Ls it won't go into reverse but if u put it in drive then reverse it will go into gear guy before replaced linkage is there a way to adjust?

·
Registered
1985 Subaru Loyale (wagon), 2000 Kia Sephia (sedan), and 1969 Mercury Comet (coupé)
2,896 Posts
Personally I believe that the Original Poster's issue was related to a Non-functioning properly / failing sensor, but as 1fastkia suggested, a complete flush is Highly recommendable on this cases of Automatic Trans delay...

In your case, Either could be the Linkage being misadjusted and / or the Mixed issues given by Non-functioning properly / failing sensor(s), plus dirty Transmission's internals.

About the Linkage, it must be checked by a mechanic that knows about that, and if the Linkage is properly set, then very Kindly let me suggest you to read this thread to get further information on the subject, that I bet you'll find it Useful:

~► http://www.kia-forums.com/2g-1998-2001-sephia/76263-2000-sephia-blinkin-o-d-light.html

Kind Regards.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts