Kia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are wanting to put a hitch on our 2000 V6 Rondo. Total weight of trailer and hitch should never exceed 500-600 pounds including trailer. Want to used this for tent camping and need a bit of extra space.

I cannot finds a hitch for this year Rondo.
Are there any solutions out there I am missing?
THANKS
Lakedawgs

·
Registered
2007 Kia Rondo EX-V6 Luxury, 1990 Suzuki Escudo
254 Posts
We are wanting to put a hitch on our 2000 V6 Rondo. Total weight of trailer and hitch should never exceed 500-600 pounds including trailer. Want to used this for tent camping and need a bit of extra space.

I cannot finds a hitch for this year Rondo.
Are there any solutions out there I am missing?
THANKS
Lakedawgs
I believe Kia didn't start making the Rondo model until 2007.
Unless you are from the EU or parts of Australasia or Asia, then the Carens started in 1999. So firstly, where are you from?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow, huge DUH moment. We have been talking about selling my '2000' Dodge Ram truck. That year was just stuck in my head. My wife's Kia is a 2008.
Thanks for the wake up.
No wonder the hitch is so easy to find now.....
Lakedawgs

·
Registered
2007 Kia Rondo EX-V6 Luxury, 1990 Suzuki Escudo
254 Posts
Wow, huge DUH moment. We have been talking about selling my '2000' Dodge Ram truck. That year was just stuck in my head. My wife's Kia is a 2008.
Thanks for the wake up.
No wonder the hitch is so easy to find now.....
Lakedawgs
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2016 Soul SX - Caribbean Blue
8,515 Posts
but you still didn't tell us where you are located?

·
Registered
04 Mercedes C230, 08 Rondo LX V6
359 Posts
lots of choices out there; I've had a hitch on my 08 Rondo V6 for 3 yrs. Pull a boat trailer with total wt of 660 lbs. No probs. etrailer.com has a couple of choices. As I recall, DIY install was not too bad.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the 2008 Kia Rondo V6 and was told that only the curt trailer hitch rated for 2,000lbs was available. This is the link hitchweb gave me and I purchased Kia Rondo Trailer Hitch - Curt 11031 — hitchweb

Maximum tongue weight on this hitch is 200lbs. I searched around before I ordered and was only given this option - hitchweb had the best pricing and gave me free shipping . Good Luck on your hunt!

·
Registered
2007 Kia Rondo EX V6, 2007 GMC Sierra
18 Posts
I had UHaul install a trailer hitch and wiring when I first got the car, was about $200 installed and it's been great for past 5 years now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts