Kia Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello i have a 2000 kia sportage ex im trying to find out what all i would need name brand and specs. the best parts for the best price. i need helping finding out what type of springs shocks etc. i need to lift it. also the best tires/rims and sizes for it. please help :confused:

·
Registered
2000 Kia Sportage & 2004 Kia Sedona
16 Posts
Looking forward to seeing what you come up with and get done .. Please post up your success ..

I've just picked up a 2000 Sporty EX also and am rounding up the bits to lift mine as well ..

.. I'm really interested in seeing how you sort out the center console for the shifters ..

.. there is also a lot of information on 4x4 Wire .. but many of the same guru's seem to be here as well .. look up Everet (UpYourKia) .. he makes parts to do the lift and is a wealth of information on the subject .. he supplied me with a list of parts to source out along with his kit/spacers and instructions ..

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey Guys! I'm new to the site, but it's already proved beneficial. I recently purchased a 2000 2-door Sportage 4x4 for a great price. Someone replaced the timing belt and didn't know what they were doing. They told me the timing belt broke, but it had a pretty new belt on it. A bolt in the lower back-plate backed out and got into a pulley, knocking a chunk out of the back plate and causing it to jump time. I'm thinking once I get all this repaired and back together it's going to purr like a kitten. I want to lift it, preferably about 3-4" wondering who, what, and where. Please post what you guys find. I would greatly appreciate it. If I get around to mine first, I'll do the same. Thanks for a great Kia site!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey Guys! I'm new to the site, but it's already proved beneficial. I recently purchased a 2000 2-door Sportage 4x4 for a great price. Someone replaced the timing belt and didn't know what they were doing. They told me the timing belt broke, but it had a pretty new belt on it. A bolt in the lower back-plate backed out and got into a pulley, knocking a chunk out of the back plate and causing it to jump time. I'm thinking once I get all this repaired and back together it's going to purr like a kitten. I want to lift it, preferably about 3-4" wondering who, what, and where. Please post what you guys find. I would greatly appreciate it. If I get around to mine first, I'll do the same. Thanks for a great Kia site!
Mine purrs like a sick goat.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Need help lifting - mine too

hello i have a 2000 kia sportage ex im trying to find out what all i would need name brand and specs. the best parts for the best price. i need helping finding out what type of springs shocks etc. i need to lift it. also the best tires/rims and sizes for it. please help :confused:
Hi liftamini10,

Did you get any help for your request here ?
I just got a 2003 Sportage and wanting to do the same. I have send a message to 'upyourkia' but I didn't get any reply from him.

thanks
stratboy99

·
Premium Member
96 4 DOOR 4WD SPORTAGE, 2014 Hyundai Elantra GT, 2015 Accent Hatchback Sport
651 Posts
upyourkia no reply

Hi liftamini10,

Did you get any help for your request here ?
I just got a 2003 Sportage and wanting to do the same. I have send a message to 'upyourkia' but I didn't get any reply from him.

thanks
stratboy99
I think I have answered all my email. If not try me again.

UPYOURKIA

·
Registered
Gen 1 Sportage
74 Posts
upyourkia seems to be the lift guru, although I found specs on a South African Forum had had my own fabricated, just coil spacers at the moment, I pick up some Wrangler TJ rear coils tomorrow.

Here's how mine looks on a 2" coil spacer and 31" tyre

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have seen a sportage lifted and it looks awesome. I wouldn't mind doing it but was worried about gearing. As well as differential integrity. Sportage differentials look tiny. Like four wheeler tiny. Do you need to change the axle ratio to keep performance? Clogged tire tread is a sure way to bury your ride and be on foot.

·
Registered
Gen 1 Sportage
74 Posts
The 31" tyre have dulled performance, but then these are no fire cracker to begin with, if you wan't bigger tyres, but not the hastle of regearing stick to 30 9.50 15 tyres, or 235 75 15 in metric terms.

I have had no issues with the drive train breaking, but again it's not like there a lot of torque running through it.

·
Premium Member
96 4 DOOR 4WD SPORTAGE, 2014 Hyundai Elantra GT, 2015 Accent Hatchback Sport
651 Posts
I agree, 235's or 30 9.50's are noticeable but 31's really change things, and 32's are even worse.
I went to a 95 sohc 5 speed and transfer case and it helps but I will be going to 5.38's this year so to get it back to the stock feel.
The 98 and up axles are stronger than 98-97's. If you are going to swap, get the complete axle because the bearings are smaller on the early models.

A 4" lift will do fine for you.

UPYOURKIA

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi JayBriand i got a question for ya,, can you send me mesurement of your spacer please and you made some for the rear??

·
Registered
95 Kia Sportage Dohc 4x4 MT 5 speed
11 Posts
do you have the specs?

Interested in making these... do you still have the specs to make the front spacers? if so, please send to me or link so i can get them.

Thanks

upyourkia seems to be the lift guru, although I found specs on a South African Forum had had my own fabricated, just coil spacers at the moment, I pick up some Wrangler TJ rear coils tomorrow.

Here's how mine looks on a 2" coil spacer and 31" tyre

1 - 15 of 15 Posts