Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2000 Kia Sephia's clutch seems to be having problems. It started yesterday when I noticed something sounded loose or a slight whining noise under the hood after I shifted into second gear. Then this morning it was whining real loud in any gear. Immediately turned around and headed for home and it didn't want to go into any gear except first. I limped it home and it started to shift into 2nd and 3rd with very little whining. Do I need a new clutch or is there something else I should look at?

·
Premium Member
2015 Buick Verano "Leather Group", 2015 Kia Optima Hybrid
6,128 Posts
My 2000 Kia Sephia's clutch seems to be having problems. It started yesterday when I noticed something sounded loose or a slight whining noise under the hood after I shifted into second gear. Then this morning it was whining real loud in any gear. Immediately turned around and headed for home and it didn't want to go into any gear except first. I limped it home and it started to shift into 2nd and 3rd with very little whining. Do I need a new clutch or is there something else I should look at?
Throw out bearing? If going it will make a "chattering noise. If you slightly push in the clutch (not nough to engage it) does the noise stop?

·
Memorial Super Moderator
2005 Kia Cerato LD [2L petrol] manual, 1986 Nissan Pulsar hatch
2,861 Posts
I agree , possible throw out bearing failing. Usually quieten down if some weight on pedal [ push pedal part in]to test when idling. A bad bearing whines or chatters with pedal out.at idle most times. :cool:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for fast response! Noise doesn't stop until pedal is almost to the floor. Maybe an inch from bottoming pedal out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts