Kia Forum banner

2000 Kia Sephia slow blower motor

3K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  DropW 
#1 ·
I put a brand new blower motor and resistor on the car and the blower motor seems a little slow. On full blast. The air coming out feels like a quarter of a turn on the fan dial in my 99 civic. Is this normal or do I have to fix something?

#2 ·
The new Blower Motor and Resistor Pack, are for a Kia Sephia or Somethin' else?

If they're for a Sephia, then check the wiring, because they tend to burn terminals...

Kind Regards.

#4 ·
I noticed that the OP didn't mention the blower speed selector switch or the connections to the switch...
The blower motor draws a lot of current and current through a resistor drops the voltage to the motor and the speed drops with it... Likewise a bad connection (high resistance) either a bad switch or a burnt slide on connection will also slow the motor... If you take a light probe to the wire connector that plugs into the motor with the ignition on and the blower switch on one of the two will light the light... That is the positive (+) terminal (+12v) the other connector is negative/ground (body of car ground)... Now that you have identified what terminal is what you can ground the negative terminal and put +12v on the positive terminal on the motor ... If the motor spins fast then you have a wiring problem that is usually a burnt connector at the switch, dropping resistor, or at the motor... Check all three... I know on the 2004.5 on Spectras there is also a cabin filter located behind the glove box that gets badly plugged up with leaves,dirt, pollen... That can also limit the air flow... I'm not sure that you have a filter in the 2000 Sephia... You can get a light probe at Harbor Freight... see
check out HOW to use this tool on YouTube

Dave

#5 ·
After some tinkering and much wiring diagnostics later I decided to pull the blower motor and evaporator out as a whole, which I had to do anyways because I was about to replace the expansion valve for the AC. What I discovered was a squirrel nest inside the evaporator core. Basically clogging any air from coming out of anywhere. So now the AC blows cold and there is plenty air flowing into the cabin now. Thanks for the help!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.