Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hi i have a 2000kia sephia car would run normal until a hill then would loss power even downshifting to 2nd then when flat would have power changed sparks plugs other day also the radiator had a leak there the car started and ran while I checked the radiator next morning it was hard to start and once it did only with a lot of gas then it died now only turns over and does not start changed fuel pump and filter as could not hear pump come on and it still will not start what else could be causing my car not to start as my is husband about to kill the car thanks for any help I want to save my car it appears that the fuel pump is not getting power the fuel relay fuse seems to wiggle easily around could this be the problem how can i check this

·
Registered
1996 Kia Sephia GS
120 Posts
Any check engine codes?
Oil looks good? Not like a milkshake or anything?
Radiator leak was found and fixed? Not a headgasket issue?
No major vacuum leaks?
Pressue from fuel pump is good? (not just the power, but the pressure)

I had originally written a ton of info I found online and the site decided to log me out so I lost it. The gist of it was to include some more info if you can (other issues, if there is a CEL code and if so what it is)

A wiggly fuse could be a problem I dont know much about fixing that myself. When I looked online all I found were ideas that seemed very stupid as a fix. One fix may be a way to test if its the issue though. (not sure how safe this is or anything)

wrap tin foil around the prongs of the fuse and insert it back in, it should sit nice and tight. Turn your ignition on a few times but dont start the car. (incase the fuel pump didnt have enough pressure, to be sure it does) then try to start the car. If its still not starting, the wiggly fuse is an issue but probably not the one causing the no start.

Look forward to hearing back.

·
Super Moderator
2008 SpectraSX, 2014 Optima LX,2006 Jeep Liberty, Linux Mint Mate
6,925 Posts
Try some starting fluid... If the engine runs you do have a fuel supply problem.
If it doesn't then start looking at the cam sensor, crank sensor, timing belt (if it looses a tooth, slips over tooth, or breaks then you will have a no run situation).
How many miles on the car? When was the timing belt last replaced?
The answers may help us help you..
Dave

1 - 3 of 3 Posts