Kia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
Kia Sephia 2000
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 2000 kia sephia, HVAC vent/valve cable not able to loosen it located on the passenger side above floor.

I am trying to replace the blower motor switch because the switch will not turn the fan speed on. In order to do that, I was abled to disconnect the electrical connector from the blower motor switch and the middle control cable. The last cable that opens and shut the temperature control valve/vent is still on. The end cable I can see above the passenger side floor behind the center console. I noticed this plastic retainer that keeps it tightened/holding the cable. I am trying to remove this plastic retainer by turning clockwise but nothing happens. Is there some kind of clip or fastener that holds the cable wire? I am trying to remove the cable from the ven/valve. It is the only thing left to do so I can get the climate control assembly out so I can replace the blower motor switch. Any comments, feedback, advise is greatly appreciated

·
Registered
Kia Sephia 2000
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I did not see the extra cable, since there were 2 in total. I was abled to remove both cables and the climate control assembly pop out. Live and Learn.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts