Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Kia Sephia
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone I own a 2000 sephia and im having a lil horn problem. Since I've owned the car the horn never worked and I'm at the point were I have to get it inspected. I went out to Auto Zone to buy a universal horn but When i took off the factory horn i seen there was some kind of connector onto the horn and the replacement horn would not work. I would have to buy a replacement horn from kia motors or so they said. Is there any other way i can get a horn to work on my sephia? or should i just purchase a replacement horn?

·
Registered
2000 Kia Sephia
103 Posts
Hey,
I had the same issue a few years back. The universal horn will work, but you need to cut off the connector and solder the wires to the new horn.
Do you know how to solder?
You might be able to find some crimp connectors at your local Home Depot. Crimp them to the leads, then slide it onto the horn's tabs. Just make sure you don't mix up positive and negative.
Good Luck!

·
Registered
2000 Kia Sephia
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you for your reply. I actually know how to solder i use to make mod xbox controllers but over the years i lost my kit. So I went ahead and just ordered a replacement horn from the dealer ship for 30 bucks and it works fine.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts