Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello,I have a Kia sephia year 2000,the car is missing at hi way speeds,seems to be sluggish, that sad thing is I'm not receiving no problem codes! Her is what I have done so far, new plugs twice,new wires,new coils,new timing belt,fuel filter,throttle position sensor,cleaned idle air control,cleaned mas sensor,done compression test.it doesn't do it all the time,seems worse when it warms up and in over drive,I removed the crank position sensor and cam sensor and checked for cracks,ohmed the crank sensor and it was in specs,not sure how to ohm the cam sensor,also pulled the catalatic converters,the problem is intermittent,don't really have the money to start buying parts until I find it, I bought a fuel injector to try on each cylinder, waiting on it to be delivered,? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks Chris

·
Super Moderator
2008 SpectraSX, 2014 Optima LX,2006 Jeep Liberty, Linux Mint Mate
6,961 Posts
One thing I have noticed with these years Sephias is the automatic transmissions start slipping at fairly low miles (under 100k and sometimes at 80k)...
You may believe that the engine has a missing problem when the transmission may be your problem... They can slip worse after they get warm. The 2004.5 and on Spectras have a much better and longer life tranny... You might want to check out the posts of JesZek and what he did to improve his 2001 Spectra/Sephias Auto Tranny..
Hope it's not the tranny but it could be...

Try car-part.com (Birmingham Alabama)
Dave

1 - 3 of 3 Posts