Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2000 kia sephia, afteri bought it the car started making a loud whining noise. thought it was the belts so i libed them. the noise continued, so i took it in. this shop wanted to charge me 700 bucks, they claimed the wiring harnes to the alternator was corroded and the alternator needed to be replaced. so i got a second opinion. i was told the alternator was making the noise but it was still working ok. but the wiring was bypassed by a "friend". so now the car starts whenit feels like it. i think the impromtu bypass is the problem. he connected the battery directly to the alternator, i was told this not good. any help? wiring diagrams?

remi

·
Premium Member
2015 Buick Verano "Leather Group", 2015 Kia Optima Hybrid
6,124 Posts
Originally posted by remipmc@Jan 8 2005, 02:56 PM
i have a 2000 kia sephia, afteri bought it the car started making a loud whining noise. thought it was the belts so i libed them. the noise continued, so i took it in. this shop wanted to charge me 700 bucks, they claimed the wiring harnes to the alternator was corroded and the alternator needed to be replaced. so i got a second opinion. i was told the alternator was making the noise but it was still working ok. but the wiring was bypassed by a "friend". so now the car starts whenit feels like it. i think the impromtu bypass is the problem. he connected the battery directly to the alternator, i was told this not good. any help? wiring diagrams?

remi
as for a manual heres a link to an online on but will have to pay little for the use.
click here

In my opinion sounds like you will have to rewire it. but I dunno maybe the bearing in the pully to the alt might be gone. might need a new alt..

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
32 Posts
I suggest that you go to ebay and buy Mitchell on demand. I bought mine from there and it only cost me 30.00 and i got all the manuals. I didnt have to pay 200.00 per manual and i think there are like five of them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts