Kia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys had this car since about 2000.

about 3 weeks ago the heater just quit putting out hot air, doesn't seem to make a difference if i adjusted the dial or not. Then about a week ago it started pumping out hot air again?? I didnt do anything to it before or after.

Now recently i installed a new radio/cd player into the car since the old factory model had died on me some time ago. now the Heaters not working again. I've checked all the wires to the nobs and dials on the dash board and there all in good shape and plugged in. The hot/cold adjustment dial is spinning the plastic cog up and down and pulling the metal wire thing back and forth.

I checked the radiator anti freeze (not sure if that's the coolant or not? :huh:) but its full up. other then that I'm not super car savvy and would have no idea whats going on. Would really appreciate some feed back here its cold driving home after work at night and i need my heater.:confused:

·
Registered
1985 Subaru Loyale (wagon), 2000 Kia Sephia (sedan), and 1969 Mercury Comet (coupé)
2,789 Posts
Hi!

This might sound silly, but I Kindly suggest you to check the Fusible in the Box.

In my Wife's "KiaStein" the cheap Chinese fusible wasn't blown but it was Loose, because is thinner than it should be... I placed a good quality, thicker fuse and that fixed the Problem.

Kind Regards.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts