Kia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When it gets hot outside and I have driven for at least an hour the clutch sticks to the floor. It progressively gets worse if I try to continue to drive until I can't shift to any gear. Gearhead suggested replacing the plastic throw out bearing with a metal one. I have not heard from him about it yet, though.

·
Premium Member
2015 Buick Verano "Leather Group", 2015 Kia Optima Hybrid
6,129 Posts
With the car still in neutral, begin to push the clutch and listen for noise. If you hear a chirping noise as you press, it's most likely the clutch release, or throw-out bearing.
If your clutch won't release properly, it will continue to turn the input shaft. This can cause grinding, or completely prevent your car from going into gear. Some common reasons a clutch may stick are:
Broken or stretched clutch cable - The cable needs the right amount of tension to push and pull effectively.
Leaky or defective slave and/or master clutch cylinders - Leaks keep the cylinders from building the necessary amount of pressure.
Air in the hydraulic line - Air affects the hydraulics by taking up space the fluid needs to build pressure.
Misadjusted linkage - When your foot hits the pedal, the linkage transmits the wrong amount of force.
Mismatched clutch components - Not all aftermarket parts work with your clutch.

Hope that helps, but a bad throwout from what I have seen doesn't make the clutch stick to the floor.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts