Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I have a 2000 kia sephia with about 151,000 miles on it at the moment.
Anyways, The radio does work but it doesn't if that makes any sense...

If i turn it on the back lights come on and it lights up but there's nothing on the display and no sound comes out of the speakers or anything...

Wondering if its just a fuse that blew or if i should or for that matter can just replace the radio. A new radio wouldn't be to hard to come by there fairly cheap at my local wal~mart. If its just a fuse though, there much much cheaper.

·
Registered
Kia '01 Sephia
24 Posts
Does the radio light up? Or do you hear any static coming through?
Check the fuse for any damage should be able to if you don't have the stick on the fuse box check on here, it is stocked in this forum for the sephia...
And if you do choose to get new radio u would still have to check the fuse and wiring out any ways...

·
Super Moderator
2008 SpectraSX, 2014 Optima LX,2006 Jeep Liberty, Linux Mint Mate
6,866 Posts
Look for a fuse marked "Room"...It supplies backup voltage to the clock and radio.
It can also effect normal "on" functions because no Memory/CPU functions may not be available.
This fuse may have blown.
Dave

·
Registered
2000 Kia Sephia LS Sport, 1998 Dodge Dakota SLT Ext 4x4 (SOLD), 1987 Harley FXST (SOLD)
10 Posts
Reset or fuse on *radio*.

The fuse in kick panel most likely good. Try pushing the little reset button with a pen tip if it's the CD version. On the radio it has it's own separate fuse next to the big molex connector. 10amp red. Probably bad. Had a 2000 Sephia LS given to me. Radio didn't work when they got the car nor when they owned it. I checked kick panel fuse, pushed reset button both to no avail. Then pulled radio and replaced the ATO 10amp fuse which was blown. Works slick now.

I wonder how many people are pulling radios and getting new ones because of a 50 cent fuse. ;) Thinking fuse is under-rated for people who use full max volume to make a ghetto thumper. hmmm.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts