Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Kia Sephia 2000
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, this is my first post. The original Battery tray, part number 0K2A15603X is worn out and need to be replace. After researching for this battery tray, I found out when ordering the replacement tray that is advertised online is backordered, meaning that there no available battery tray in the country, no ETA (estimated time arrival). Why advertised a battery tray for sale online when it is not available? I believed my only option is go to Pull a Part and hopefully the used battery tray is good enough, if it is available. The battery tray covers two models Sephia (1997-2001) and Spectra (2000-2004). I even looked at a plastic universal battery tray at Autozone. I am not sure if that would work, since there is no support bracket on top on the left side of the battery tray to secure it. I also need other battery assembly parts such as bolts, nut-flange, and clamp. The correct battery group is T5 and 90. These batteries are expensive. Any comments, feedback, advice is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1985 Subaru Loyale (wagon), 2000 Kia Sephia (sedan), and 1969 Mercury Comet (coupé)
2,852 Posts
Welcome!

Long years ago, I saw rust on our 2000 Sephia's Battery Tray, so I removed it, and after some sandpaper and anti-Rust paint, the thing was like new...

http://www.kia-forums.com/off-topic-lounge/55620-greetings-honduras-includes-cars-pictures-3.html#post433640

...in case yours is Rusted beyond any repair and you can not find another one in good shape in stores, nor in junk yards; you can ask a metal welding shop, to make another one for you; it is not rocket science, it is a thick metal plate only. You only need to give them your old one in order to let them copy the shape and the placement for the holes where the bolts goes; then paint it with anti-Rust paint, and it should be enough solution for that problem.

Good Luck, Kind Regards.

·
Registered
1985 Subaru Loyale (wagon), 2000 Kia Sephia (sedan), and 1969 Mercury Comet (coupé)
2,852 Posts

·
Registered
Kia Sephia 2000
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bought a used Battery tray online

Loyale 2.7 Turbo, thank you for your both comments. I appreciated it. Today, the battery tray and the clamp holder for the batttery along with two bolts arrived today. I ordered from the carparts website That website is an excellent source of used parts. I very pleased with the items. Before that, I tried the website you mentioned earlier before. The problem was that website, is backordered, even though the battery tray was advertised for sale. Other websites showed the same results as well. When an item is backordered, it means it is not available and/or limited availability
and no ETA (estimated time arrival). On ebay, no results at this time. The battery tray and the holder clamp that arrived today was a little rusty. However, I cleaned up both using a wire brush, soap and warm water. Let it dry and apply two coats (24 hours apart) of rust oleum, to protect from further rust. Thanks for reading.

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts