Kia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 Sephia that i bought from a guy on craigslist that runs great, however the at the time that i bought it the previous owner had to replace the drivers lock cylinder and was having trouble finding a replacement (at a reasonable price anyways) so basically he had it rigged some how so that it would just always be unlocked. Well basically some how it appears that the actual lock rod some how became unhooked so now basically it is stuck shut in the locked position. I cant remove the panel to get at it and am basically stumped. On the interior side i suspect that something is blocking it from moving all the way because when i push the lock switch it resists heavily and doesnt budge more than a few millimeters. i was able to get at the locking rod on the interior side by removing the interior handle clover and pushing on the rod with a screwdriver but its the same thing. I can push it a little bit further but then it just jumps right back. This is the base model. Manual windows and locks. :(

·
Registered
1999 Sephia
8 Posts
Mine had the same issue but with the passenger door. I had to break the door panel off to find out that the door latch/locking mechanism on mine was bent. Went to u pull it and got a latch/locking mechanism and door panel. Once replaced it solved my problem. Good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts