Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2000 sephia
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went down to the auto store the other day to purchase some front pads for my 2000 kia sephia, and was asked whether it had an ATE brake system or not.. I have been all over the internet trying to find a definition for this, and to find if my car is equipped with ATE. The closest i got to any answer was that it had to do with the brake caliper. I even went to the Kia website, to no avail. I'm stumped, and i gotta get these pads changed ASAP. Anybody got any ideas?

..also, regarding the calipers for my 2000 kia sephia: this is my first time changing the pads myself.. how do i undo the caliper to get it off the rotor? (i'm an amateur at this, so don't laugh.. :grin: )

Thanks ahead of time..
MO

·
Premium Member
2015 Buick Verano "Leather Group", 2015 Kia Optima Hybrid
6,121 Posts
Well I never heard of ATE> i Know no kias have this system... at least no sephia or spectra.. so no is the awnser to that.
to take off the caliper just take wheel off and in back of caliper are 2 bolts take em out and caliper will come off...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Odly enough either with or without ATE brakes it calls for the same part no. I went through this too. I'm guessing you are shopping at Auto Zone? I would recomend getting a repair manual if you are new to brakes. The procedure is straight foward for sephias but, if you are unfamiliar with brakes...

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi. i'm new to the forum, but i think i could ahve some useful information. i am a mechanic and have been college educated on many systems including brakes. i have never heard of an ate brake system, and as far as i know kia is the only automaker to ahve this type of system. plus, if anyone can fill me in as to why some of the parts needed for repairs ahve not been released to aftermarket maunufacturers, it would be greatly appreciated. i'm not a master mechanic, but i do know somethings that can save you time while doing repairs. i look forward to talking to yall in the future :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts