Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 2000 kia 2wd keeps flooding with gas if i take out the fuel pump fues it will start and run till line is emty when i plug it back in it floods and wont start again .i replaced the fuel pressure regulator still same thing help plz ty

·
Registered
2000 Sportage 4x4 , 1998 Saturn SC2
65 Posts
I may be wrong but it sounds like the MAF is dirty. You may want to try dissconnecting it and see if it will run in open loop until you can clean the Mass Air Flow sensor with special cleaner only from Auto Parts Store.

Air filter may be dirty,

Coolant temperature sensor.

You will need to read the troubleshooting area and I hope someone here knows because I haven"t seen this one before.

http://kiatechinfo.com/

Go here and join free, this is the Official Kia website. After joining go to " Service Info ", then select , SPORTAGE(AL) >2000 > G 2.0 DOHC > Engine Control/Fuel System > Engine Control System > Troubleshooting.

Hope this gets you started...

·
Registered
Caribou, Otter, Buffalo
2,694 Posts
Rather than guess and throw parts st it,

Perform a full fuel system check, pressure, leak down, ... Philip

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok i decided to unhook the return line from the regulator and put a hose on it into a gas can it starts and runs good like that so the return is clogged now just gotta find where rubber hose or metal line ty for your suggestions on this prob

1 - 5 of 5 Posts