Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. Is there anyone out n the kia world that has a 2000 model kia carnival that can help me with pictures of their engnes on tdc with cam timing marks set up, I need pics of front and rear timing set up and other things I need so I can get my missus car going, this is doing my head in trying to figure it out as I am a holden old school V8 man, so a kia to me is not a normal car. 4 cams compared to one cam on a V8, it is not normal. Please anyonethat can take pics of their engine with correct cam and timing setup would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2001 Kia Carnival 2.5L manual & 2000 Carnival Auto
320 Posts
look for the manual i included in my earlier posts

·
Registered
2005 Kia sedona
34 Posts
Hi I have the 2005 they have blue lines on the gear and where they meet on the block , very hard to get to see them , , as for the crank it will have a blue dot if it is still there , you cant even be off a 1/8 must be perfect , this is a intereferance engine , I think it took me 4 hours one day then it starter raining and 2 hours the next day you will need some clamps to hold the belt and the cam gears in place cause the valve tension will move them if you dont have a way of holding them in place also on my 3.5 v6 if you looked into the cam gears there was a hole to screw a bolt into with a flat washer this works much better then the clamps , to hold the cam in place. I have a real good diagram and directions but i would need your email to send it to you , Good luck Guy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts