Kia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2000 4wd sporty 190k. has over heated since i bought it had many other problems all have been cleared up no gauge lights atm but the overheating will not . i have a new water pump radiator has been flushed and flows fine heater core flushed and flows fine new thermostat and when idealing it dose not overheat but when driving it over heats badly driving it about 2 miles today was anuf had it peged on hot and was anuf that when i opened the hood the overflow cap blew of spraying coolant way third degree burns lol Pleas help if any one can

ps no leaks any where in the system

·
99 Kia Elan 1.8L
12,023 Posts
A typical problem with these cars is the viscous coupling on the fan fails, but this leads to overheating when standing, while you have a problem when driving.

If the viscous coupling on the fan is good and all the other parts you've checked and listed above, then it's possibly a leaking head gasket, which is worst when the engine is under load (combustion chamber gas leaking into the cooling system).

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
smoke coming from dip/fill cap for oil when i open them when i run the engine high the oil raises damn near to the top of the dip no coolant getting in the oil or white smoke so i am guessing ether head gasket block head or maybe piston rings and the two problems are connected more then likely:mad:

·
Registered
02 Sportage 4x4...66 Shelby GT350...70 Mercury Cyclone Spoiler
195 Posts
If the coolant is pressurizing in the overflow, it is indicative of a blown head gasket or other such internal problems. I would start with the cap removed, then start the car and watch the coolant flow. Make sure the thermostat is opening and the coolant starts to flow thru the radiator. Also, make sure the thermostat is installed correctly.

I just noticed your problem with the oil. Make sure it isn't overfilled, and your PCV valve isn't clogged up.

·
Premium Member
96 4 DOOR 4WD SPORTAGE, 2014 Hyundai Elantra GT, 2015 Accent Hatchback Sport
649 Posts
Compression test is in order.

UPYOURKIA

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thermostat is good havent ben able to find my compresion tester going to have to get ahold of one :( then il post my findings thanks all

1 - 6 of 6 Posts