Kia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Rio EX Sedan UVO Auto/Tanzanite blue/tinted windows/Vent visors
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I came across something that looks strange to me. Not bothersome. But needs some light shedding please. It's about the trip computer. Usuer manual says hold "Trip" button more than one second to reset whatever function you're on. Then there's this "Reset" button under the "Trip" button on the steering wheel which I used after the first tank of gaz to reset the computer. Trip A, Range, AVG were reset (but not Trip B that kept on adding kilometers curiously). Tonight I tried what says the User manual: hold Trip button more than one second to reset the function. Did nothing. Question: does AVG resets automatically when you add fuel in the tank?
Thanks for sharing

·
Registered
2014 Abyss Blue Kia Forte EX Sedan
180 Posts
I don't know if it's sapposed to but my AVG mileage auto resets with every fill up. All the others I reset using the reset botton and it resets each option individually.

Since I always fill up when I add fuel, I don't know if adding just a fraction of a tank will cause it to reset as well.

·
Registered
2012 Kia Rio EX 6M 5-door
80 Posts
I don't know if it's sapposed to but my AVG mileage auto resets with every fill up. All the others I reset using the reset botton and it resets each option individually.

Since I always fill up when I add fuel, I don't know if adding just a fraction of a tank will cause it to reset as well.
mine resets as well. Its a habit to reset trip A manually every fill though.

·
Registered
Cerato
691 Posts
I think you're confusing trip computer with odometer trip. Odometer trip cycles between A & B with a single press, while holding it resets either A or B.

·
Registered
2012 Rio EX Sedan UVO Auto/Tanzanite blue/tinted windows/Vent visors
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
To Dr.Bob. I'm not confusing any function of the computer. Again, the manual says hold "Trip" more than one second to reset any function. Did it, don't work. Use the reset button and it works for all functions. Maybe the fact that I also said that reset Trip A worked and didn't for Trip B may have been confusing. Anyhow my interrogation was about what is said in the manual and how is done a resetting in the real life: that is hitting the Reset button works and following the manual's instruction don't.

·
Registered
2020 Kia Sorento EX+
415 Posts
To Dr.Bob. I'm not confusing any function of the computer. Again, the manual says hold "Trip" more than one second to reset any function. Did it, don't work. Use the reset button and it works for all functions. Maybe the fact that I also said that reset Trip A worked and didn't for Trip B may have been confusing. Anyhow my interrogation was about what is said in the manual and how is done a resetting in the real life: that is hitting the Reset button works and following the manual's instruction don't.
Sounds like an error in the manual that you have discovered.

·
Registered
2012 Rio5 EX w Conv Pkg, Chestnut .......... 1997 Ford F-150
54 Posts
I believe that whoever worded the manual was referring to the reset button. Think of it as a set of 2 buttons that control all the trip functions, "trip" meaning all the items/screens in that loop and not just the tripA and tripB screens.

I too took the manual literally and hit the trip button. Next I tried reset and all was fine.

They probably should have not labelled that button TRIP but instead called it SCREEN, NEXT or something similar.

Or, they could have worded the manual better.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts