Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Kia Sportage LX
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm planning on buying a spoiler soon. I saw someone on here remove their antenna, cut it in half, strip a little of the rubber off and cap it with a rubber cap. Can anyone confirm that this could be done without removing the antenna? Is all that is inside the antenna just the thick cable?

Next question for those that bought a spoiler. Who did you get it from (on ebay or online store) and were there any import taxes associated with getting it delivered? I'm planning to get the one that adheres with tape and the hook.

I'm in the US (TN).

·
Super Moderator
1995 Procharged Mustang Cobra -- 2006 Grand Cheorkee limted Hemi.
4,426 Posts
Delivered........how about telling us where you live?

·
Registered
2011 Sportage SX
979 Posts
The antenna mask simply screws on to the base. Unscrew it to remove it, cut a few inches from the tip using a hacksaw or something similar, cap it and screw it back on to the base.

I bought mine through an eBay seller in Korea, I forget which one. It came straight to my door without having to pay anything extra upon delivery.

·
Registered
2011 AWD Sportage SX
926 Posts
The antenna mask simply screws on to the base. Unscrew it to remove it, cut a few inches from the tip using a hacksaw or something similar, cap it and screw it back on to the base.

I bought mine through an eBay seller in Korea, I forget which one. It came straight to my door without having to pay anything extra upon delivery.
+1

Yup mine was from korea too.. here is the link on ebay:
KIA 2011 Sportage Rear Spoiler Roof Wing Trunk Painted | eBay

I didnt want to cut my factory antenna, so I just bought a universal 3.5" antenna. Then I switched over to a shark fin antenna.

·
Registered
2012 Kia Sportage LX
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I thought you had to take the headliner off to get the antenna off... good to know the pole will unscrew.

Also, thanks for the info on the import fees.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts