Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First, a question that seems to be asked a lot... where are the spark plugs? Under the removable plate on the top of the engine? I looked and I didn't see them in there. Are they under something else?

Second, a few days ago my car stopped starting literally within minutes. I left work, it started fine. Then I went to get gas 2 blocks away, and when I turned the key to leave, nothing. It jumped, so I thought it was the battery. The next day, after buying a brand new battery, it started fine when I left for work in the morning. But then when I started to leave for lunch, nothing. Not even a click. It jumped again, and ran fine all the way home. But today, while trying to figure out what the problem is, it won't even jump. No lights come on anywhere, and the horn barely even works.

Also, I recently had a new stereo installed, which kept popping fuses. It would blow a fuse every single day, but just the stereo fuse on the inside fuse panel. Could these 2 things be related? Could a short in the stereo system wiring be draining the battery? Or something else?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I put in a c.d. player in my kia but had to put the factory back in it because it would not work right. needless to say i hate kias they are cheap made and i have nothing but trouble out of mine and it has under 60,000 miles needless to say it is in the shop now running up another big bill.. take my advice get rid of it and get a better car....I Am

·
Registered
126 Posts
To Kia owner: the spark plugs are located under the plastic cover that is on top of the engine. Then they are under the coils. and under the spark plug boots. Be careful that you don't mis anything up. As far as your electrical problems I'm thinking that they are related to the electronics that you had added to the car. This is why I do without a stereo, the wiring is just too damn complicated. Try unhooking that new electronic device and see if your problem goes away. It is worth a try. Let me know, speedster1

·
Registered
4 Posts
medica, im having the exact same problem that changes from one problem to another. I havent installed anything just out of no where started acting up but has been doing it for a while, now if i turn the key to on and nothing happends i can slam the door and everything lights up. when the cars dash doesn't light up, "battery, seatbelt, oil, etc." the hazard lights don't work. so its not a fuel problem like ive been told. we need some mechanics to visit this site to help everyone, they could make some serious cash.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts