Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Kia Forte 5-Door EX
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a used 2012 Kia Forte 5 EX and have had a couple issues.

1. The Bluetooth won't register any commands. I have an iPhone 4S and it is iOS 6. It pairs, syncs the phonebook, plays the music thats on there, but it doesn't seem to hear my voice at all in order to utilize the basic function of the Bluetooth, which is make hands free calls. If any calls come in and I answer, the person on the other line can't hear me. I've had the dealership look at it and their best guess is the microphone needs replaced so they ordered a part and they are going to try that. If it doesn't work the mechanic said that the whole audio system might need replaced. Has anyone else had this problem?

2. So the other issue is when I play my iPod. I purchased the Kia iPod connector and whenever I have it plugged in and press random for it to shuffle it will say communication error and switch to the radio setting. Also after driving around having it play through songs alphabetically it randomly switched to the Sirius setting, which I don't have a subscription to. This was my first time using it at all and it was after the service department at the dealership looked at my Bluetooth problem for the first time. I was planning on telling them about it when I go back for the new microphone part.

Sorry for the long post but this is all very frustrating especially since this is my first car purchase. Besides these issues I love the car. Any ideas, opinions, or suggestions are appreciated!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I personally recommend you RESET the entire Audio System and Bluetooth System.
Set it to FACTORY DEFAULT settings and then rebuild from there.

Remember it's a Computer and sometimes computers act up and act screwey.

See if that works for you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
You should be able to use the apple USB cable. The iPod cable through Kia generally only is required on older KIAs prior to 2012ish.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts