Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused:Think I have made a balls up on the timing, just want ed to confirm a couple of things.

Cams, fairly straight forward I think with Cam shaft timing marks lining up in the centre between the Cam Pulleys?

Crankshaft - Key at 12 O'clock in line with Timing Mark on Cover

Now I think I have made an error on the Pump, I assumed that the 2 holes in the toothed wheel set the pump at the right position when locked with two bolts. I am not sure if this puts the key at 3 o'Clock which seems to be what my searches are throwing up.

Losing the will to live with this engine. It was a replacement engine after the last one dropped a Big end cap, and I was told the new engine was a good runner, but I cannot get it to fire. Pump is getting fues through the injector pipes but will not fire at all.

Any help in advising if I have set the pump incorrectly would be much appreciated before i swear any more at the missus. (must be her fault after all, she wanted the car :confused: ).

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
kia sedona 2.9tdi 01, isuzui trooper 3.1td, Transit 2.4 2000
54 Posts
Hi, is the injection pump from the first engine or is it one that came with s/hand engine?
if it is from s/hand engine the immobilizer will not let it start.
does it start on easy start etc.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply, I had not considered the coding of the pump to the ecu / immobiliser. I have already started to remove the engine again, so I will change over the pump from the original engine.

Many Thanks.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hope it all goes well. Let us know the outcome. Anymore help just ask someone on here will know the answer. Cheers.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Engine out, pump changed over all back in started first time afetr a blast of easy start and a quick bleed of the injectors.

Was very happy until a pool of oil accumulated under the front of the crankshaft. Looks like new seal has failed, so engine out again and awaiting parts. Engine been out 3 times now and takes less than an hour to pull it out the top with gearbox attached. Pretty fed up that it needs more work but bought the car as a non runner to get some friends that have a harder life than me back on the road, so its a cheap vehicle that cost less than 500 quid with a replacement engine.

No doubt I will have more questions to ask.................

·
Registered
54 Posts
Glad its up and running, bad luck with seal. Just to let you know it is worth checking the water pipes that go to rear heater in boot, they RUST and LEAK over the spare wheel and many sedonas have been overheated to death because of this. Bypass with heater hose or loop pipework at front to do away with rear heater. I have looped my pipe work and the front heater works very well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts