1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Kia Sedona 2003
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kia-nt make sense of this.

2.9 Crdi Accelerator goes inactive

All fine first, few minutes driving normal , then accelerator becomes inactive and engine speed (and car!) goes to idle.
Very embarassing can still drive ....but at 2miles per hour!! Accelerator makes no difference to engine speed.
No engine management light.

Seems to happen more when your driving and you ease off and are not powering i.e. you are at cruising speed and have let up on the accelerator pedal, you are not aware its gone till you try to accelerate again.

Nothing seems to affect it though switching off the engine and restarting clears it. If you just wait up by the side off the road for a while with the engine running it can also come good.

All input appreciated, best wishes of the season to all and hopefully there are three wise men out there with an idea on this. Cheers. P.

·
Registered
Kia Sedona 2003
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
more info TPs sensor on 2.9crdi

Car been fine for a couple of days, but after reading other posts tried to make it do it.
Was successful:- if pushing brake down briefly and lightly as accelerator is pressed above idle. Engine light comes on as you might expect as thats none normal behaviour.
But after this ction car will not respond to accelerator, engine remains idling and engine temp. indicator rapidly rises.
Managed to stumble home occasional accelration.

Reading other posts where is the TPS sensor on a diesel 2.9crdi?

Handy youtube video of the US petrol available but i can't find anywhere the location of this equivalent part on the diesel.
Tahnks for your help

·
Registered
7 Posts
2016 now.... And not a single reply?

I feel your pain, as I'm searching the same fault and location of the tps, for the same car.

Did you sort it? And can you share your findings?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
7 Posts
Kia Sedona 2003 diesel crdi 2.9 in the UK.

The fault on my car was realised once it was happening on every single journey.
The temp gauge was going up to 3/4 and the accelerator pedal starting cutting out, so I was rolling along at idle revs.

The rear heater pipes which run under the car from front to back was corroded and leaking near the spare wheel.
Because the pipes are connected at intervals with rubber pipes, I just disconnected closer to the front and linked the two rubber pipes with 15mm copper pipe in a U-shape with straight solder couplers on the ends for a snug fit and something for the clips to hug onto.
Then refilled with coolant.

No more rear heater for now, which is fine as I didn't use anyway. But more importantly...... NO MORE PEDAL PROBLEMS.

The car temp gauge stays below the half way point, and is back running properly.

Cheers

1 - 4 of 4 Posts