Kia Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Kia Sorento
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, So we have had our 2.5 CRDI Sorento XT for 2 weeks now. On the day we picked it up we filled it up with 80 litres (UK) of diesel. We have just under a 1/4 tank left and have achieved 310 miles so far. I've had a look around the forums, and there is a lot of confusion around UK/US conversions, so hopefully this poll (how many miles to a tank) should help to make things more standard.

Now, according to the figures (government figures in the book) the consumption should be: (UK Figures)

(L/100km)
Urban (cold) 28.5 (9.9)
Extra urban 43.5 (6.5)
Combined 36.7 (7.7)

Now, this SHOULD equate to the following out of an 80 litre tank:

Urban (cold) 502 Miles
Extra urban 766 Miles
Combined 646 Miles

Hopefully, regardless of US or UK, metric or imperial, the number of miles you get to a tank should be the same?

So, I'm a little concerned that we are on target for 400 miles from a tank.. As that will equate to 23 MPG - nowhere near the Official Government Test Figures that KIA publish.

So, how many do you get from your tank?

Cheers
Greg

·
Registered
153 Posts
I read an article where it said that the Sorento does 8.5Km/L, that's 12 litters for 100Km.

I never checked my Sorento, I will test it on the next fill up.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi all,
I've never run the tank too low and generally fill up when the light comes on. Usually get around 520 - 550 miles before it comes on. I've always kept a note of fuel used and mileage - yes I know its sad! Filled it yesterday and total mileage is 16540 miles and I've used 2278 litres. Averages out at around 33 miles per UK gallon. This covers all types of driving from slow stuff driving to work, the occassional motorway blast (never above the speed limits of course!!) and some caravan towing.
Cheers

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have covered 15900 miles in 1 year 8 months (not very high milage) which includes 5200 mile towing a 1600Kg twinaxle caravan. I am also a sado and have recorded every gallon to go in my tank.

678 UK Gallons = 3082 litres miles 15900

Average MPG 23.45

Regard Chemo

·
Registered
56 Posts
I keep track of my fuel consumption too, and to date I've averaged 8.56 km/li, which is a mix of city (weekdays) and highway (weekends) driving. Worst I got on one load was about 7 km/li, and the best 10.3 km/li.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi all
I have a 2005 Sorento diesel auto 5 speed. It is a great vehicle.
Have kept acurate records from new - just clocked up 7,000 km.
Av is 10.4 litres / 100 km. Very near to 10 km / litre. I'm happy as some of the mileage icludes towing a trailer which when fully loaded weighed close to three tonnes. I notice very little differnce between towing or not - I am very conservative when towing - take it real easy. I do notice that the town running is higher but compensated by highway use.
Hope this helps - I thnk that 700- 800 km per tank is exceptional for a 2.1 tonne vehicle - roughly 420 to 480 miles per tank. I have no complaints - petrol in NZ is currently about $1.35 / litre and diesel is about 91 cents/litre plus road user charges of slightly under 3 cents per km. Diesel is the way to go.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I get approx 11.5-12.00 l/100k - not that great as far as I am concerned - would love to hear how you manage such low l's p/100k

·
Registered
75 Posts
just did a round trip from cardiff to london, full tank when i left and have done 328 miles and have just under half a tank left so not to bad

·
Registered
79 Posts
So many variables. Style of driving affects consumption, road conditions, load carried, acceleration so you can never get a true comparison. The handbook figures are under optimal conditions which just don't exist in the real world.

Of more interest would be comparisons with similar other makes.

·
Registered
12 Posts
is that a manual or auto box. and if an auto have you tried a tank full using the tiptronic mode?? I struggle to get 27mpg, and driving like a slug, in super flat Norfolk!! when using the auto mode, on my 2.5 diesel sorrento

·
Registered
2003 Kia Sedona
403 Posts
Hi all here's a link to an article in the Guardian which may be of interest to you;

Guardian article

I've been trying to tell everyone this for a long time but it may help others understand a little better.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts