Kia Forum banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
Sportage LX AWD 2014, Forte LX+ 2014
617 Posts
Not a Sorento but Sportage and I can tell you there is 200ml ATF volume difference in my Sportage with ATF level being HIGHER when engine is off.
I attribute this to ATF being picked up and span around in transmission with engine running thus dropping level in pan.

·
Registered
2017 Sorento LX
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
I have the car back. I gotta say this dealer is excellent. They started on it about 8am and they told me at 4pm it was ready. No messing around. I was told it's a kia factory reman unit. For reference for anyone else see below. I hope hope hope this is the end of my issues.

·
Registered
2011 Forte SX 2.4L (thankfully MPI) A/T 144K miles
1,373 Posts
… For reference for anyone else see below. ….
The invoice you posted contains the following in the problem description: "vehicle has returned 3 times to check oil has lost several quarts within 1000 miles". Do you have any idea why they believed your vehicle was losing that much oil, when your own checking seemed to indicate a much lower oil loss? In any case, at least it now makes sense to me why they replaced you engine.

·
Registered
2017 Sorento LX
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #44 (Edited)
The invoice you posted contains the following in the problem description: "vehicle has returned 3 times to check oil has lost several quarts within 1000 miles". Do you have any idea why they believed your vehicle was losing that much oil, when your own checking seemed to indicate a much lower oil loss? In any case, at least it now makes sense to me why they replaced you engine.
I was wondering that too. Unless I don't know how to read a dip stick, other than one time, it didn't go below the low line. But maybe they found something this time I don't know. I guess in the end it doesn't matter as I have an essentially new engine. So I am pleased. But I wonder, will this lower the already low resale value? Is it worth less with a different motor?

41 - 44 of 44 Posts