Kia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Kia Spectra
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to everyone for all the good words after my introduction in the new members section.
Special thanks to Spec SX so far.
I'll make this short but the response below is from an ongoing conversation between he and I in regard to the fact that my new Spectra EX supposedly didn't come with keyless entry in spite of the fact that kia's own website shows it as standard on all EX and SX models. Contacted dealer etc. and they verified and told me to just setup time to come in and they would program two remotes for me and I'd be set. Here's what happened today !

"Well, you won't believe what happened when I went for my cruise this afternoon. On my way into town I happened to open the console and what should I find but two keyless remotes still in the plastic. Sooo..I get to town and prior to dusting her off at the car wash I hit the remote and it works, great they're already programmed ! I try the "pop the trunk but don't open it for 30 seconds" trick and guess what ? Yup, as soon as I lift the lid the alarm goes off. Who'da thunk it, huh ? So day one of joining the forum and you guys have already saved me a two hour round trip to the dealership plus 30 minutes program time for the remotes. I love this place !!!!!!
Try it, I'll bet yours is so equipped too.
Thanks again,

Buc'

·
Registered
car
4,208 Posts
I couldnt get my alarm to sound. I will have to call the dealer tomorrow to see whats up with that. Glad to hear you had your remotes the whole time.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts