Kia Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Forte SX Koupe,15 Soul EX,58 & 90 Rolls Royces,92 Mercedes 500SL
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had the car for just over a month & 4000 Kilometers & today noticed the Rear Camera stayed on the UVO Screen as I am driving down the highway. I could get not get it to turn off( and all other UVO functions were not available) until I stopped & restarted the car.Then all was normal.Anyone else experience this? I will let you know if it does it again.

·
Registered
14 Forte SX Koupe,15 Soul EX,58 & 90 Rolls Royces,92 Mercedes 500SL
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
reboot

And by restarting the car I rebooted it! Thanks .But i really hope that's the end of it but I guess we have 5 years to get it sorted if it becomes a recurring issue:D

·
Registered
2013 Rio5 EX w/ Convenience & ISG
293 Posts
this happened to me and i just had to switch to reverse, then back to drive to turn the camera off.
I advise stopping forward motion first. :)

I heard this is due to going into reverse before it boots up... I'm sure its repeatable if anyone cares to monkey with it.

·
Registered
former owner of a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
8,526 Posts
there is a reset button on the UVO if it operates the same as on my Soul. Not encountered any problems with the unit.

·
Registered
2013 KIA Soul, 2013 KIA Rio 5 Door
84 Posts
Well, maybe this will put your mind at ease. I work on C-17's which is a multi-million dollar aircraft with parts that can cost millions of dollars. I've seen brand new parts bad right off the start. Whether it's $10 or $10 million, things can still go wrong. You have a warranty for a reason and all will be right with the world. I'm sure it happens on Chevy's, Ford's, Lexus, Mercedez, etc. Computers are computers and things will break, but more likely to break in the first few months. Ones the kinks are ironed out, all should be good

·
Registered
2K13 Forte SX Lux yada yada yada...
160 Posts
"....I heard this is due to going into reverse before it boots up... I'm sure its repeatable if anyone cares to monkey with it..."
The thing about the reverse cam, is that for something that is considered a SAFETY component of the vehicle, I find it hard to believe the geniuses at Kia couldn't use a special bypass features for the reverse cam instead of waiting for the "system" to boot up every time you start the car. It's the year 2012.9 and there is no excuse today why they could not have an "instant on" technology - especially for a BACK UP CAM.

What ends up happening, is people (myself included) go into reverse prior to the system boot sequence completes. This is more so on a car that is already warm and ready to go.

Of course, being spoiled, some of us forget the old fashion way is still usable. =)

Just my $0.02

·
Registered
2012 Rio 5 SX
64 Posts
This issue was correctly identified and fix by my dealer while investigating another issue with the transmission selector.

There is a switch under the brake pedal that detects when the brake pedal is depressed, the one on my car had wiggled loose and after tightening it down all the way, the selector not moving out of or into park was fixed, and the camera returned to snappy function. First the camera would get stuck on, or take forever to turn on, then the selector started acting funny.

Might want to have them check that out for you, he said was a common problem and suspects a service bulletin.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts