Kia Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

This is my first post post to this forum and I'm hoping to get some good advise from experts here. I have a 1998 sportage and the original ECU was damaged by a not so smart auto electrician whom I gave the car to have a look at the central locking system which was palying up. He made it even worse and there was some internal short in the ECU and the buzzer wouldnt go off ( it came on fulltime even with the keys out). I bought a replacement ECU from ebay and installed it on my sportage. Central locking started working (with the key but not the remote). I assumed the new ECU required re-programming so I took the vehicle to a local dealer. They tried to program it but weren't able to because there is a slight difference in the part number. The original part number for the ECU was OK01967720B but he new ECU has a C instead of a B as the last letter (OK01967720C). Please refer to attached image. Does anyone here knows what the difference in the last letter mean. How can I fix this problem? Do I need to change some wiring as the pin layout on the ECU connector may be different? What all does the ECU controls? Looking forward to your advise. Thanks.

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts