Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1998 KIA SPORTAGE 2 wheel drive 2.0 LITER , AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there are a few relays under the passenger side that are suppose to be for the ac . I know a third relay is for the blower motor..the other two relays screw into the blower motor on passenger side under glovebox. I ordered a new ac relay and it has diff amount of terminals on it than the two under dash glovebox..does anyome have exact location with close up pictureof relay..maybe i am looking in wrong location on car 1998 KIA SPORTAGE AUTOMATIC 2.0 LITER fuel inj. thanks

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dont know..an
y way you can check for me? thanks Steve

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi GOTTA i found this same pic recently but the part doesnt fit..its not even the same prong configuration..I got it on EBAY..says its an ac relay for 98 sportage..auto store confirmed i have the correct part..i dont get it???

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Greetings hookie,

Will try to help, what is the *production date of your Sportage: should be on the silver vehicle sticker, located on the driver's side door frame?

Only ask because 1998 was the transition year between electronics / wiring of the (last rev.) 1G Sportages (1998-2002).

It would also be helpful to know how many blades (4,6,etc.) are on the (new replacement) Relay, vs. the Relay that is currently installed on the vehicle.

Thanks, GottaCruise

1 - 6 of 6 Posts