Kia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
97 dodge dakota 98 kia sportage
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had fuel pump replaced and they also replaced crankshaft sensor. It will start with ether and runs fine after that but i know that is VERY hard on engine, not to mention a total pain in the rear. Is this a common problem? Thank you for looking.

Robert

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

--
No, that is not a common problem - the Sporty should start without aid of ether / starting fluid each time,

re: cause, difficult to say, but would start by confirming good fuel pressure by having fuel pressure checked, given the fuel pump was replaced recently..

Did the Sporty work well -before- the fuel pump failure / replacement ?

Regards,
GottaCruise

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I kind of let this one go for awhile. At the time of the post i did not have the vehicle in front of me, but was getting ready to buy it from my parents. I currently have it in my shop now though, and have it tore apart. Had some serious oil leaks, cracked exhaust manifold, plugged CAT, bad coil packs, and several swollen vacuum lines. I'm 90 percent back together with it so hoping that with all replaced I have fixed the starting problem. I do however have another question but can't find where to start a new thread or if I can just go from this one. Please and thank you.

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
Greets,

By all means, post in this thread here and address to (everyone) - lots of folks here that can help,

* Have limited availability for the next few days, will check in when I can.

Regards,
GottaCruise

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
throttle body vacuum lines

I have 98 kia sportage that i have recently done a LOT of work to. I have gotten it 90 percent back together, however, in replacing all the vacuum lines and rubber hoses I cannot find a home for the two 5/16" nipples that are underneath the throttle body. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

·
Registered
17 Posts
The one toward the front of the engine goes down to the oil cooler assuming you have one, and the one toward the rear should go to a nipple that I believe is on one of the heater core lines. Does it start without starting fluid now and if so what was the issue?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok, now I'm really confused. These nipples are coming out of the throttle body, so assuming they are for vacuum. Was told that the front nipple on the oil cooler goes to the tee nipple on heater hose towards the back of the engine and that the rear nipple on the cooler goes right above into the engine block. Would think that the oil cooler would have coolant running through so assumed that the way I described was the correct way for the cooler. Please verify?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts