Kia Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This 98 Sephia is giving me brain pain. Had a problem before on # 4. New coil pack solved problem, then a few weeks later it completely quit. No codes.
Figured other coil pack probably bad too, so replaced it. No good. Checked for electricity at injectors. test light blinks just fine on all. Replaced plugs with top of line double platiums. no help. Checked fuel pressure ok, had spark, but appeared intermittent. thought cam sensor. Another $ 106. no luck. $ 85 crank sensor on order. Checked codes again - None. Cked all fuses & grounds. Pulled computer fuse and disconnected the battery to reset. Looking at cam through oil fill you can see it turning. Still no luck. Any Ideas ? Thanks for help !

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes it Cranks just fine. It will even seem like it wants to fire up, but just can't make it. New crank sensor will be in this week. if that doesn't work, my best next guess would be the computer. Does anyone have any other ideas ?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Kia has lots of fuel pressure and plenty of fuel. New CRANK SENSOR came, but it didn't do a thing. I rechecked cams. They are turning fine. I went through all the fuses. I guess the next thing is try a new brain box, unless someone else has a thought.

·
Premium Member
2015 Buick Verano "Leather Group", 2015 Kia Optima Hybrid
6,124 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the timing belt hasn't been touched and appears to be OK. I'll see if I can find the grounds and clean/check them today. Do you know where they are for computer and/or ignition system. Also any info on computer pins and voltages ?

·
Premium Member
2015 Buick Verano "Leather Group", 2015 Kia Optima Hybrid
6,124 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well thanks for the help !
I finally got it back on the road.
I took apart every wire connection and checked, finally I removed the Computer
It's located above the brake pedal. I guess it's not high enough so you can kick
it. Two pins were slightly touching. put them back in place and reinstalled computer and Kia started right up !
Thanks again !
Greg

1 - 10 of 10 Posts