Kia Forum banner

1998 Kia Sportage

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  jascd71 
#1 ·
I am having trouble with my electrical system on my 1998 Kia. So far the clock and radio and door locks went out. I am wondering what will go out next. I checked the National Highway Safety on recalls and there is one on a C123 and C124 cable that never was done on my car. I brought it in for the recall but the dealer never gave me a receipt. Can I have this done now I have 62000 miles on the car. I plan on writing the National Highway Safety Administration. I will also call Kia direct. Does anyone have that problem. How did you resolve this problem. I plan on going on a vacation if it goes on the highway its unsafe. Please help me find a way out of this problem

Thanks
wmoroni20@wmconnect.com

#3 ·
Power Distribution - Memory Fuse Installation

SOURCE: Kia Technician Times

TITLE: Memory Fuse Installation

APPLIES TO: All models

SERVICE TIP:

KMA has received reports of various intermittent electrical concerns related to sub-systems such as audio, door lock, and/or interior lighting, due to incompletely inserted "memory" fuses. (Note that this fuse is sometimes also referred to as the "audio" fuse)

Whenever you re-install the memory fuse, make sure it is fully inserted. Otherwise, even with the yellow fuse holder itself depressed all the way, there is a possibility of poor and intermittent contact unless the fuse itself is also pressed down.

#4 ·
I had the same problem - my dome light, radio, clock, and door locks all went out. What I found was that the dome light fuse (10A in upper left) was blown. When I replaced it, it blew again. I checked the dome light, and found the bulb had fallen halfway out and was touching something else metal, thus creating a short circuit. I removed the bulb, replaced the fuse, and everything (except the dome light, of course) worked again. I gotta fix the dome light bulb holder- what a way to have to find out!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.